PSC has a strong history of providing microcredit services and business support activities to families below the poverty line in India. To promote and support research on various aspect of social and financial development and use of technology and associated work in its growing micro-credit portfolio, PSC invites graduates from reputed colleges in India and outside India to do internship with PSC.
The candidate should be a goal-oriented self-starter, fluent in English, who can travel and work under occasionally challenging circumstances. The PSC Intern will liaise with PSC field staff, PCI International Office (IO) (an associate firm based in San-Diego, US), and will be expected work independently and with a minimum of direct supervision
Internship can be for a period ranging from three to six months. While the workload is expected to be full time in India, the Intern can telecommute during the program period and would likely work significantly fewer hours per week to prepare for and follow up from field time.
Location and remuneration
Internship will be based in Jaipur and will operate from PSC’s offices in Jaipur city, with travel to other regions and cities within the country, as required. PSC can assist oversees Interns or Interns from outside Jaipur in logistic arrangement and will help them in local support only.
Critical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A background in international development and micro-finance.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong poise and professionalism in dealing with PSC partners, such as local government officials, international NGOs, and international donors
- Strong writing and research skills
- Access to a laptop (MS Windows compatible) and digital camera for use during stay in India
- Ability to communicate clearly in English, both orally and in writing
- Outgoing, “get it done” personality
- Sense of humor.